Grievance & Appeals
We are providing you with information and forms for filing a grievance should you ever find that you are unhappy with the services you receive from PRIDE In North Carolina, LLC or are concerned about a decision or action of a PRIDE employee. While we hope you will be satisfied with the services you receive and find the staff to be professional and responsive, we want you to know that we very much want to know if you have a concern!
PRIDE In North Carolina, LLC Grievance Procedures
- If you have a concern, please bring it to the immediate supervisor or QP.
- If the concern is not resolved after discussing it with the supervisor or QP, then we ask that you complete a Grievance / Appeal Report and submit it to the Regional Director or Program Coordinator. The Regional Director or Program Coordinator will meet with you and the supervisor within three working days.
- The Regional Director or Program Coordinator will document his/her decision on the Grievance form and review it with you.
- You will be asked to sign off on the form and indicate if you agree with the decision, or if you would like to appeal it. You will also have a space to make additional comments regarding the decision.
- If you elect to appeal, the Regional Director / Program Coordinator will forward the report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) within 24 hours.
- The CEO will make a decision concerning the Grievance / Appeal Report within five working days of receipt. The CEO’s decision concerning the appeal will be forwarded back to the Regional Director or Program Coordinator.
- The Regional Director or Program Coordinator will notify both you and the supervisor of the CEO’s decision.
- The CEO may seek additional information from any source when rendering a decision. All decisions by the CEO are final.
- Anyone who completes a Grievance or Appeal will be free from interference, coercion, discrimination, penalty, reprisal, or any action of retaliation or barriers to services.
- If you would like an external review, PRIDE In North Carolina staff will assist you in contacting any Advocacy Agency, Department of Social Services, or any other advocate that you choose.
- All Grievance / Appeal Reports will be forwarded to the Human Rights Committee.